Since people always need some motivation I will turn this into a competition. Kosmos 9 is looking out for the most sustainable dinner idea. So please post below all your ideas, recipes and whatever else comes to your mind. The idea?
We will organize a sustainable dinner party and find out who brings the best eco-food. I will try to organize the dinner here in Buenos Aires. Maybe somebody else wants to host another one?
I will give you some ideas before letting you head of into your own creativity:
- Eating local and seasonal food reduces harmful emissions and is good for your health. Make sure you check the greenhouse emissions of your planned recipe.
- Try to create a dish which does not create any suffering to animals.
- Avoid wasting food (by cooking and buying too much, ect).
- Instead of going to the shop, why not picking your own food from the nature surrounding you?
- Organic / bio is better for you and much better for the environment.
- Processed food is often not what it pretends to be; stick as much as you can to real food.
- Make it vegan or at least vegetarian.
I can’t wait to read your ideas; as soon as we have a couple together we can look out for the date of the dinner.
Blog Action Day is an initiative. The idea is to “unite the world’s bloggers in posting about the same issue on the same day. Our aim is to raise awareness and trigger a global discussion around an important issue that impacts us all.” Past issues were water, climate change and poverty.
Food is a good choice of a topic, not only because it is something crucial which connects all human beings, but also because it a field were many issues like energy, climate and poverty come together. Even though the UN is focusing on the idea of stabilizing food prices on this year’s edition of the World Food Day, the opposite is more likely to happen. Predictions agree that the prices for food will continue to rise and fluctuate in the upcoming years. This is why Kosmos 9 has decided to focus today on the small changes each and everyone can make in order to move towards a more equal and sustainable food pattern.
You have two weeks time to send in your ideas! Be creative and start looking forward to our perfect eco-dinner party!
Picture by kevin dooley, thanks a lot.